Sunday, December 15, 2019

Mission 3 (Methodology) - Pre-Production

For my final project, I wanted to push myself harder to accomplish more. I was given a few topics to choose from which all but one sounded uninteresting in my opinion. In the end, I chose digital Journalism to do my project on because it was the most interesting out of them and I knew a bit about it. I knew I could do something with this topic.

Image result for digital journalism
The difference with this project was that it was a video project so we all had to figure out how to make the video. Luckily for me, I had the basic knowledge on how to use Adobe Premiere and it would save me a good bit of time. Before all of this, I would first need to choose a group to create this with.

I able to find two people to do the project with, Justin and Alek. From here, we would brainstorm ideas as to what exactly we wanted to talk about. This topic was very broad and can be done on many things.

Digital Journalism is essentially news online and how it is shown to the public. It can be spread through many methods such as images, blogs, statistics, articles, news sites etc. It can real or fake and the viewer should do their own investigation before believing in stuff which many people don't do.

I was first thinking of showing some news through the different types of methods but Alek had a better idea. We would create some fake news and spread it to mislead people. This was a starting point which we needed to develop but I was excited for it. We thought of many fake news ideas as we could. We thought of using serious topics like murders but that would be too complicated and would maybe get people under fire which is what we didn't want. We refined our ideas and continued on with the project from here.

Image result for fake news

We ultimately wanted to create a series of articles we would be convincing to the public and use interesting headlines to make sure people would click on them. We would use serious topics but would include no names and not make it too specific. We would also use light hearted topics which people could spread easier and not put too much research into it.

From here, we need to decide how to spread the information and make it seem that we were a reliable source. We thought of many ideas but in the end we would create social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and open up a website to post the articles. The articles would be then posted on the social media sites. We wanted to see what reactions we would get from people and what goes behind that.

Image result for social media

For the sites to look professional, we needed a logo, a simple website, articles and a name of course. We settled for the Vibe News Network and then we got to work on the production side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment