Sunday, December 15, 2019

Mission 2 (Culture) - Results

Image result for oneplus brand
With the project finished, we were able to present it and explain well on everything we learnt. We were asked questions and we answered to the best we could. I liked how our project was unlike everyone else's which set us apart. Also, no one was using the story map to present which also added to it and made it look unique.

The project turned out great overall but there is always room for improvement. I wish we had found more evidence and information on the topic we did. There wasn't enough research on Oneplus as to where they source they materials, how do they treat their workers and how they are shipped. My best guess to where they get the materials is from China itself because they are based there.

What I was able to find which was interesting was that Oneplus is owned by a company called BBK Electronics who also owns it's phone competitor, Oppo. This was interesting to see because not many people know about this. BBK Electronic obviously don't want people to know about this because Oppo and OnePlus are in the same market and have created some sort of fake competition. We found out as well that in India, Oneplus assemble their phones in Oppo factories.

One thing that could of helped us to learn more about the company itself was to actually reach out to it. We did't think of this at the time but this could of helped massively. We would have sent them an email or talk to them through their support chat while asking them a series of questions. This would have been great to see the results of that but knowing how business goes, I don't think they would have said much, in my opinion.

Also, I would have liked to find out more about Oneplus' workers. When we did the research, we only found negative stories about factory workers. It does mean that this doesn't happen but I would have liked to find out the truth on what actually happens. Do they get treated fairly or are they not? That is a question I would like to ask them.

Related image

One more thing, I wish I learnt more about how the disassembly of the phone worked. It was more Fineas doing the work while I watch but I would have liked to help and understand what tools you have to use to take out the parts.

With the presentation, I did like how it was laid out. It was a clear process which went from the finish to the start. It was very simple to understand and was presented well. I enjoyed making this project and i'm glad I worked with Fineas as I learnt a lot from him and I hope he did as well. I know now about the phone process and what it takes for a phone to be made. I also know how rough it can be for people working in this market and hopefully, it's not the case with Oneplus or any company in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment